Matthew J. Hier is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen, where he is a member of the Class Action and Mass Litigation Practice Group.
Prior to joining the firm, Matthew spent almost four years as a trial attorney with the Miami-Dade Office of the Public Defender. During his time with the Office of the Public Defender, Matthew tried more than 20 jury trials, including misdemeanor DUIs and violent life felonies. Prior to becoming an attorney, Matthew was a Real Estate agent for more than 10 years.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2014
- A.L.I. Excellence for the Future Award: Legal Communication and Research
- Charles C. Papy Moot Court Board Member
- Honor Council Member
- Business Law Review Member
- Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, B.S. in Business Administration, magna cum laude
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation, 2021