Paul Sladek is a partner in Shutts & Bowen's Orlando office, where he is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group.
Paul focuses his practice on the acquisition, administration, disposition and development of real estate. He handles all aspects of commercial real estate law, with a focus on the representation of single-family home and apartment builders in acquisition and development activities. With nearly 15 years of experience, Paul has drafted and negotiated contracts, development agreements, easements, transportation and school concurrency agreements, leases amendments, closing documents and financing instruments. He has resolved complex title, survey and land use issues, as well as performed due diligence examinations of real property. He maintains relationships with public agencies and officials to better represent clients before governmental boards, commissions and entities.
Paul served as Manager of Orange County’s Real Estate Management Division, where he oversaw all division operations and ensured legal compliance to related County real estate interests, working in cooperation with the Board of County Commissioners. His experience includes matters relating to examinations of title and survey, site selection, negotiation of letters of intent, deeds, pre-suit eminent domain negotiations and procedures, leasing, petitions to vacate and surplus land sales. Paul also served as a Division representative to Orange County’s Roadway Agreement Committee.
Paul has held leadership positions within various community organizations throughout Central Florida, including the Seminole County Planning & Zoning Commission, the Seminole County Code Enforcement Board, the Oviedo-Winter Springs Regional Chamber of Commerce and the Rotary Club of Oviedo.
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2004, cum laude
- University of Notre Dame, B.B.A., 2001, summa cum laude
- Department of Accountancy Valedictorian
Professional and Civic
- Orange County Roadway Agreement Committee
- Division Representative (2017-2020)
- Oviedo-Winter Springs Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Past Chairman of the Board of Directors (2012)
- Vice President of Government Affairs (2010)
- Board of Directors (2010-2013)
- Rotary Club of Oviedo
- President (2010-2011)
- Board of Directors (2008-2012)
- Public Relations Chairman (2006-2009)
- Seminole County Planning & Zoning Commission
- Commissioner (2012-2013)
- Seminole County Code Enforcement Board
- Chairman (2009-2011)
- Board Member (2009-2011)
- Central Florida Regional Commission on Homelessness
- Board Member (2007-2008)
- City of Oviedo Land Planning Agency
- Board Member (2005)
- City of Oviedo Economic Development Commission, Past Member
- Leadership Seminole, Class 16
- BusinessForce Political Leadership Institute (Class of 2010)
- Seminole County Sheriff’s Office Community Law Enforcement Academy (Class 34)
- CrossLife Church (f/k/a First Baptist Church of Oviedo)