Raul L. Tano is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Class Action & Mass Litigation Practice Group.
Raul’s practice is focused on general civil litigation with an emphasis on insurance-related claims such as personal injury protection. He has managed a portfolio of approximately 1,600 insurance defense cases from one of the largest insurance firms in the U.S., with a focus on personal injury protection and commercial general liability. He has successfully defended personal injury protection lawsuits on a multitude of issues, and has co-hosted training seminars for insurance adjusters and other industry professionals on the intricacies of the Florida No-Fault law.
Prior to focusing on personal injury protection, Raul’s focus was on workers’ compensation, where he successfully tried cases via administrative final hearing with the Office of the Judges of Compensation Claims/Division of Administrative Hearings (OJCC/DOAH).
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 2010
- Assistant Editor in Chief, Res Ispa Loquitor
- Florida International University, B.A., International Relations, 2007
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Professional and Civic
- Cuban American Bar Association
News & Insights
- Lecturer, Fighting Insurance Fraud Education Committee (FIFEC) Conference, 2016, 2017
News & Speaking Engagements
- Firm News, 8.17.23
- Article, 1.29.20