Terry B. Fein is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group.
Terry regularly represents developers, construction firms and lenders in sophisticated real estate matters, including in the acquisition, development and construction as well as financing of commercial real estate and leasing. He's experienced in handling documentary stamp tax and intangible tax issues. He also represents lenders and loan servicers in workouts and securitized loans and has acted as local counsel for national companies.
Terry has published several articles on commercial real estate, leasing and finance matters, and is the co-author of a chapter published in Florida Real Property Complex Transactions, entitled “Drafting and Negotiating Purchase and Sale Contracts for Commercial Properties.”
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1986
- University of Miami, A.B., summa cum laude, English, 1983
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Professional and Civic
- American Judicature Society
- Dade County Bar Association
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Article, 10.5.18
- Co-author, "Drafting and Negotiating Purchase and Sale Contracts for Commercial Properties," Chapter One, Florida Real Property Complex Transactions, published October 1993, updated 4th edition published February 2005
- "Amazing Grace: Is 'Borrower Liability' Next?" The Florida Bar Journal, April 1990
- "Landlord's Remedies Under Commercial Leases in Florida," Chapter One, Commercial Leases: Remedies and Enforcement, December 1989, for a seminar sponsored by CLE International