Giancarlo Cueto is an Associate in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the International Dispute Resolution Practice Group. Giancarlo focuses his practice on representing international and domestic clients in complex litigation, arbitration, and business transactions.
Prior to joining Shutts, Giancarlo served a federal clerkship with the Honorable James Lawrence King in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
While in law school, Giancarlo was a member of the Investor Rights Clinic. He also interned at the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office where he assisted the Racketeering, Organized Crime, and Narcotics Special Prosecution Unit.
Giancarlo holds a Bachelor of Business Administration, with a Major in Finance and a Minor in International Business, from the University of Miami. Giancarlo earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., cum laude, May 2021
- Business Law Review
- Investor Rights Clinic
- Dean’s Certificate of Achievement Award, Legal Communication & Research Skills I
- Dean’s Certificate of Achievement Award, Criminal Procedure
- University of Miami, B.B.A., Finance, December 2016
- Minor in International Business