Spencer E. Hennings is an Associate in the Fort Lauderdale office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group.
In 2020, Spencer received a gubernatorial appointment to serve as Florida’s Condominium Ombudsman. From 2020-2023, he resolved thousands of issues in condominium associations, served as the state’s liaison to those affected by the Miami-Dade Surfside condo collapse, and helped draft new condominium legislation at the local and state levels.
At Shutts & Bowen, Spencer focuses his practice on real estate transactions and condominium and planned development law. He has experience drafting planned development governing documents, commercial real estate leases, and purchase and sales agreements.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., May 2017
- LL.M. in Real Property Development, May 2019
- Florida State University, B.S., Philosophy, May 2014
Professional and Civic
- Appointed Member, City of Miami Beach Ad Hoc Neighborhood Resilience Projects Advisory Committee, January 2022-Present
- Board of Governors, Miami Beach Bar Association, December 2020-Present
- Member, Florida Bar Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section, July 2020-Present
- Member, Florida Bar Condominium & Planned Development Committee, July 2020-Present
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Speaking Engagement, 11.27.23
- Recognition, 6.8.23