Barbara Richardson is Of Counsel in the West Palm Beach office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Real Estate and Equine Law Practice Groups.
Barbara works with residential, commercial and farm property owners and title insurance companies in connection with their real estate transactions, farm improvements, title insurance claims, and property title issues, including correcting title defects, survey, abandonment and easement matters, replats, quiet title and boundary disputes. With a background in litigation, Barbara is able to anticipate and address potential transactional problems.
In addition to her real estate practice, Barbara is a nine-year equestrienne and understands the decisions her clients make when launching and operating an equine business, including contracts, leases and liability releases. She is experienced in negotiating and preparing consignment agreements and leases for horses; leases and purchase agreements for polo, dressage and hunter/jumper barns; leases for residential/barn seasonal rentals during the Winter Equestrian Festival, trainer-owner board and training contracts, and contracts and bills of sale for horse purchases. Barbara currently rides in the discipline of dressage and enjoys jumpers and polo.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1982
- University of Tampa, B.A., cum laude, English and Sociology, 1979
Professional and Civic
- Vinceremos Therapeutic Riding Center, Board of Directors
- Former Chair of Village of Wellington, Equestrian Presence Committee
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Profile of Barbara Richardson’s equestrian practice: “Wellington woman’s career combines love of horses, law,” Palm Beach Post, August 1, 2011