Barbara Richardson is Of Counsel in the West Palm Beach office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Real Estate and Equine Law Practice Groups.
In her real estate practice, Barbara works with residential, commercial and farm property owners and title insurance companies in connection with their real estate transactions and farm improvements. Barbara has 20+ years’ experience representing title insurance companies and their insureds to resolve title insurance claims including the correction of title defects such as errors in legal descriptions and surveys, access and easement matters, quieting title and boundary disputes. With her title insurance claims experience and a background in real property litigation, Barbara is especially able to anticipate potential issues in her transactional practice and address them before they become problematic.
In addition to her real estate practice, Barbara is an avid equestrienne and understands the decisions her clients make when launching and operating various types of equine businesses.. She is experienced in negotiating and preparing the documentation her clients need, including:
- Liability Releases
- Equine Sale and Purchase Agreements
- Equine Bills of Sale
- Board and Training Agreements
- Equine Lease Agreements
- Equine Consignment Agreements.
- Farm, Stable and Residential Sale and Purchase Agreements
- Farm, Stable and Residential Lease Agreements
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1982
- University of Tampa, B.A., cum laude, English and Sociology, 1979
Professional and Civic
- Former Board Member, Vinceremos Therapeutic Riding Center
- Former Chair of Village of Wellington, Equestrian Presence Committee
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Profile of Barbara Richardson’s equestrian practice: “Wellington woman’s career combines love of horses, law,” Palm Beach Post, August 1, 2011