Brian M. Jones is a partner in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group.
A Martindale-Hubbell AV® rated attorney, Brian has a background in accounting and over 20 years of experience representing national and international developers in commercial and residential real estate development matters and commercial banks and investment funds in commercial loans and investments.
Brian has played a role in many large commercial and residential real estate developments, hotel condominium, hotel and timeshare resort projects in Florida. He has represented individual investors, public companies, community, regional and national banks and lenders and real estate investment trusts in projects of all sizes, including developments of regional impact.
Brian is also experienced in representing commercial developers and national home builders in addressing development, regulatory, and environmental issues for residential and commercial condominiums, timeshare resorts and hotel condominiums, including public offering statement registrations with state agencies.
With an accounting background, Brian brings financial experience to his work with institutional lenders. He counsels clients through the commercial loan process and helps them restructure troubled-debts.
He is a frequent lecturer of civic and business associations on issues affecting developers, small businesses and professionals. Outside of his practice, Brian is actively involved in the Orlando community and supports charitable organizations for children.
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate Development
- Commercial and Residential Condominium Development
- Land Use and Development Issues
- Hotel Sale, Acquisition, and Development
- Commercial Loan Restructuring
- Troubled Debt Refinancing
- Debt and Equity Structuring
- Commercial Loan Foreclosures
- Timeshare Resort Development
- Hotel Condominium
- Commercial and Retail Leasing
- Environmental Law
- Commercial Lending
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 1987
- University of Florida, B.S., Accounting, 1983
Professional and Civic
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association