Developers and businesses regularly face environmental challenges. If you are about to acquire property and you discover it is partially contaminated, your lender may insist you resolve the problem immediately. A state agency can pass a seemingly small change to an environmental regulation that directly and significantly affects your operations. Or you may be facing an investigation from or possible litigation with the Environmental Protection Agency. These environmental issues can cause far-reaching ramifications.
Our attorneys include LEED accredited lawyers and government affairs professionals who are experienced in managing the risks and liabilities involved in compliance, permitting, litigation, and enforcement. We’ve also forged strong relationships with local, state, and federal agencies that oversee real estate development and environmental permitting. Kenneth Wright served as chair of the Environmental Regulation Commission for almost ten years and also chaired the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. Lee Worsham is the former General Counsel of St. Johns River Water Management District and Daniel O’Keefe serves as chair of the South Florida Water Management District and is a former member of the Wekiva River System Advisory Management Committee.
It’s through such unique experience, knowledge and resources that we advise clients on hearings, permits and related issues before federal, state and local agencies, including the Water Management Districts, the Florida Department of Environmental Protection, the Army Corps of Engineers, the EPA, and others.
We offer a wide scope of services, including:
- Wetlands jurisdiction determinations
- Wetlands alteration, mitigation and sovereign lands issues
- Environmental Resource Permitting (ERP)
- Stormwater management permitting
- Marinas and submerged land leases
- Hazardous Waste and landfill permitting
- Special issues regarding endangered species and conservation areas
- Due diligence and environmental compliance assessments
- Hazardous waste issues, groundwater contamination and asbestos
- Environmental civil and administrative litigation
- Brownfields permitting and redevelopment
News & Insights
- Media Mention, Law360, Orlando, 6.18.20
- Recognition, The American Lawyer, 6.3.20
- Firm News, 3.30.20
- Firm News, 1.3.19
- Article, 1.11.18
- Recognition, 1.17.17
- Recognition, 8.16.16