Douglas M. Kramer is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the International Dispute Resolution Practice Group.
A Martindale-Hubbell AV® rated civil litigation and trial attorney, Doug has more than 30 years of experience providing counsel and guidance to clients in a variety of disputes. He has extensive experience handling real estate, insurance and business matters, including resolving disputes involving agreements, leases, shareholder relationships, creditor's rights issues, and liens and foreclosures. He also litigates business tort claims, including those alleging fraud or misrepresentation, intentional interference with business contracts or relationships and conversion.
Doug regularly represents owners and operators of regional and outlet malls, office buildings, warehouses, multi-family developments and other real property. He has also represented business owners and managers, as well as financial institutions and other owners and servicers of commercial paper.
Prior to entering private practice, Doug was a law clerk to the Honorable Justice Arthur J. England, Jr., of the Supreme Court of Florida. He taught at the University of Miami School of Law and was a member of the Law Review as a law student.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Emory University, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rated, 5.0 out of 5.0
- Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, 2021