Eduardo H. Rivero is a Senior Associate in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Class Action and Mass Litigation Practice Group.
Prior to joining the firm, Eduardo practiced as an Assistant State Attorney in the Miami-Dade Office of the State Attorney, where he handled homicide and other punishable by life offenses. In this role, he tried over thirty cases to verdict and litigated a wide range of motions, from post-conviction relief motions to suppression and constitutionality motions. Eduardo also oversaw the training and court preparation for newly hired Assistant State Attorneys.
During law school, Eduardo worked as a Law Clerk in the District of Columbia Office of the Attorney General. He has also served as a Congressional Intern under Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen.
- American University Washington College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2015
- American University Business Law Review, Note and Comment Editor
- Criminal Justice Clinic – Research Assistant and Dean’s Fellow
- Professor Leszlie Green Coleman and Professor Cynthia Jones – Dean’s Fellow
- T.M.C. Asser Institute, International Criminal Law and International Legal Approaches to Terrorism, 2013
- University of Florida, B.A., Political Science, cum laude, 2012
- Spanish (native proficiency)
- Portuguese (elementary proficiency)
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Firm News, 8.17.23
- Recognition, 8.18.22