Jason Williams is a partner in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group.
Jason represents commercial developers in negotiating and drafting documents for the purchase, sale, leasing, financing and development of real estate. He regularly represents landlords and tenants in leasing transactions. He has represented banks in commercial, construction and development loan transactions. His experience also includes the representation of timeshare exchange companies and developers of condominiums, and bundled communities with extensive golf and recreational amenities.
Jason has structured, documented and implemented private membership clubs for marinas, golf courses and beach clubs for developments throughout Florida. He was formerly in-house corporate counsel for Marriott Vacation Club International and was responsible for timeshare project registrations throughout the United States. In addition, Jason provided legal support for Marriott Vacation Club’s sales and marketing activities, including compliance with regulatory and licensing issues.
Jason is a graduate of Florida State University College of Law, where he graduated with the highest honors and was ranked second in his graduating class. While in law school, he was a member of the Florida State University Law Review and the Journal of Transnational Law and Policy.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., highest honors
- Florida State University Law Review and Journal of Transnational Law and Policy
- Book awards: Real Estate Transactions, Land Use Regulation, Legal Writing, Creditors Rights, Remedies and Criminal Law
- Florida State University, B.S., magna cum laude
Professional and Civic
- American Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Recognition, 5.13.20
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America 2020; 8 Partners Selected as 'Lawyer of the Year'Recognition, 8.15.19
- Article, 8.15.18
- Article, 4.3.18
- Article, 8.21.17