Jeffrey M. Landau is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Insurance Practice Group.
Jeffrey has been named among the Best Lawyers in America® in insurance law and is an experienced litigator. He regularly represents insurance companies in coverage disputes involving disability, life, long term care and health insurance policies, and related ERISA issues.
Jeff has previously served as a member of both The Florida Bar and Dade County Bar’s Federal Court Committees. He assisted in the development of a Discovery Practices Handbook that is now an Appendix to the Local Rules of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
- University of Miami, J.D.
- Fordham University, Ph.D.
- Columbia University, M.A.
- City College of New York, B.S.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Professional and Civic
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Life, Health and Disability Committee
- Dade County Bar Association
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Firm News, 8.17.23
- Recognition, 8.18.22
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2022 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, The Best Lawyers in America®, 8.19.21
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, 8.20.20
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America 2020; 8 Partners Selected as 'Lawyer of the Year'Recognition, 8.15.19
- Article, 8.15.18
- Article, 8.21.17
- Recognition, 8.16.16
- Article, 8.18.14
- Article, 8.15.13
- Co-author, "Gimme Shelter - Handling Broad Discovery Requests," Defense Research Institute (2005)