Robert Cheng is a partner in the Miami Office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group.
Robert concentrates his practice in real estate development and finance. He's experienced in complex real estate transactions, including acquisition, development, construction and permanent loans and loan work-outs for office buildings, retail centers, industrial warehouses, hotels and multi-family residential properties. He represents landlords and tenants in leasing transactions as well as negotiates partnership agreements and limited liability company operating agreements.
Robert represents for-profit and not-for-profit developers (including joint ventures with municipal housing authorities) in affordable housing matters throughout the State of Florida. He counsels developers in all stages of the process, from negotiating purchase contracts or ground leases through the closing of financing necessary to complete the development. Robert frequently handles projects that include multiple layers of debt financing from public and private sources and equity investments from low income housing tax credit syndicators.
Robert is admitted to practice in Florida and New York.
- State University of New York, J.D., Buffalo, 1993
- State University of New York, Stony Brook, B.A., Philosophy, 1988
- New York
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Firm News, 8.17.23
- Recognition, 8.18.22
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2022 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, The Best Lawyers in America®, 8.19.21
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, 8.20.20
- Article, 10.5.18
- Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
- Florida Trend Magazine's Legal Elite, 2008