Scott Silver is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he practices business litigation and is a member of the Creditors' Rights and Bankruptcy Practice Group.
Scott represents corporations, national, regional and community based financial institutions, investment funds and investors in business litigation, banking law, real estate and banking as well as creditors' rights litigation.
He's experienced in handling:
- real estate and commercial litigation;
- business and contractual disputes;
- landlord-tenant issues;
- real property disputes;
- commercial and consumer loan restructuring and enforcement;
- enforcement of various creditors’ remedies;
- arranging and executing sales and acquisitions of distressed loans;
- title defects and other title related claims;
- environmental complications;
- successor‐developer issues;
- defending and pursuing post-judgment remedies; and,
- other litigation matters in the financial services industry.
Scott has been recognized as a “Rising Star” in business litigation by Florida Super Lawyers.
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, J.D., 2007, cum laude
- University of Florida, B.A., Business Administration, 2004
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Professional and Civic
- American Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2022 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, The Best Lawyers in America®, 8.19.21
- Recognition, Super Lawyers, 6.24.21
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, 8.20.20
- Firm News, Thomson Reuters, 6.4.20
- Firm News, 6.4.19
- Recognition, 6.19.18
- Article, 6.8.17
- Article, 6.9.16