Cari R. Shapiro is a senior associate in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Class Action & Mass Litigation Practice Group. She focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Cari represented national companies in litigation for claims involving healthcare, personal injury, contract disputes, and product liability matters. She also has experience defending national companies against asbestos exposure claims. While in law school, Cari interned for the Miami-Dade County Public Defender.
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, J.D., magna cum laude, 2014
- Nova Law Review
- Northwestern University, B.S. in Education and Social Policy, 2011
- Women’s Club Rugby Team
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Article, 10.4.21
- Event, 3.23.21
- Article, 3.30.18
- Co-Author, "Learning the Ropes on Client Cultivation to Establish Long-Term Relationships,"Daily Business Review, October 4, 2021