Karen Wankelman is a partner in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP and has over 20 years of experience in law. She has been a member of the firm's Real Estate Practice Group for more than 15 years.
Karen represents a wide range of owners and lenders in connection with land sales and acquisitions, financings and developments, including construction loans and workouts. Additionally, Karen is frequently called upon to provide legal opinions and title agent services for Florida transactions and often serves as local counsel in connection with multi-state loans and securitizations involving Florida real property.
For a list of Karen’s notable experience and representative clients, click here.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1997
- University of Miami, B.B.A., 1992
Professional and Civic
- Orange County Bar Association
- Former Vice Chairman - Ninth Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee for The Florida Bar
- Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts Ambassador
- Central Florida Commission on Homelessness (2019 Board Member)
- First Presbyterian Church of Orlando
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Shutts Commercial Real Estate Team Facilitates $4.8 Million Site Purchase for Orlando’s Renaissance Theatre CompanyFirm News, Orlando, 9.8.21
- Firm News, 8.25.21
- Firm News, 4.17.20