Rachel M. LaMontagne is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Class Action and Mass Litigation Practice Group.
Rachel is an experienced litigator and concentrates her practice on handling personal injury protection litigation. She has coordinated precedent-setting, complex insurance litigation at the state and national level, including constitutional challenges and insurance policy and coverage interpretation matters relating to coverage, Medicare, fraud, coding and fees issues.
Rachel is also experienced in handling ERISA matters involving disputes over long-term disability benefits, individual disability claims, group and individual life insurance disputes, housing matters, coverage issues, attorney and accountant malpractice matters. She has first chaired numerous civil and criminal jury trials and served as lead counsel in ERISA matters throughout Florida.
- St. Thomas University School of Law, J.D., 1996
- Florida State University, B.S., 1993
- Florida Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Florida
News & Insights
- Speaker, Valuable Techniques when Dealing with Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plans, 6th Annual Medicare Secondary Payer Master Class, February 2021
- Speaker, Medicare Secondary Payer Conditional Payment, Healthcare Education Associates, June 2017
- Speaker, Defining Conditional Payments for Primary Payers, Second Annual Medicare Secondary Payer Master Class, Healthcare Education Associates, January 2017
News & Speaking Engagements
- Speaking Engagement, 1.20.21
- Rachel LaMontagne Featured Speaker at the 4th Annual Medicare Secondary Payer Conditional Payment ForumSpeaking Engagement, 7.8.20
- Speaking Engagement, 2.18.20
- Article, 6.25.18
- Article, 1.27.17