Sarah Donini Rodriguez is a Partner in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Construction Litigation Practice Group.
Sarah's experience includes representing clients in construction litigation, construction contract preparation and commercial litigation. She has represented developers, land owners, contractors, design professionals, and suppliers in complex state and federal litigation involving professional malpractice, design errors, construction defect claims, delay claims, lien issues, and much more. In addition to her construction practice, Sarah has litigated numerous commercial business disputes, including landlord/tenant matters, intellectual property claims, contract disputes, and others. Sarah has represented clients through trial and appeal in both state and federal courts around the country. She also routinely handles matters involving the negotiation and drafting of agreements related to project development, including design and construction.
She has been recognized by Florida Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in Construction Law.
Sarah received her J.D. from Florida State University College of Law, magna cum laude, where she was a member of the Florida State Law Review, Florida State Moot Court Team, and was recognized for receiving the highest grade in Torts, Criminal Law, and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Sarah has presented at numerous panels on Construction Law, as well as a variety of other topics. She is a frequent lecturer, and is a former adjunct professor at St. Petersburg College and Barry University College of Law, where she taught courses on Torts, Corporate Law and Business Organizations, and LSAT and Bar Prep courses.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2009
- Law Review
- Moot Court Team
- Semi-Finalist Oral Competitor and Best Brief, National Law Religious Freedom Moot Court Competition, 2008
- Pro Bono Excellence Award, 2009
- Order of the Coif
- University of Florida, B.A., Political Science and B.A., Business Administration, cum laude, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Professional and Civic
- Orange County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers
News & Insights
- "Construction Lien Law in Florida," Presenter, Lorman Seminar (2014)
News & Speaking Engagements
- Article, 10.11.19
- Firm News, 6.4.19
- Article, 5.4.16
- Co-author, “The Completed and Accepted Doctrine: Slashing the Liability Shield,” Newsletter for Division 7 of the American Bar Association Forum on Construction (April 2016)
- Sarah Donini & Ben Grieving, Winning Brief, Finch v. Klinger, 9 RUTGERS JOURNAL OF LAW & RELIGION, [i] (2008)
- Florida Appellate Law Blog, 11.9.18
- Construction Blog, 2.15.17
- Construction Blog, 2.1.17
- Construction Blog, 11.17.16