Charles B. "Chuck" Costar, III is a partner in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he practices transactional real estate, land use and real estate based financing and is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group.
A Martindale-Hubbell AV® rated attorney, Chuck represents businesses, institutions and individuals buying, selling, developing and financing real estate transactions. He is experienced representing local and national developers and home builders on large-scale commercial, mixed-use and residential projects. He also represents financial institutions in workout and restructuring transactions as well as foreclosure actions.
Chuck is a past member of Orange County's Florida Board of Zoning Adjustment, former board member of Lifework Leadership and a graduate of Leadership Orlando and Lifework Leadership.
- University of Florida, J.D., with honors, 1992
- University of Florida, B.S., B.A., with honors, 1989
Professional and Civic
- Orange County Bar Association
- Graduate, Leadership Orlando and Lifework Leadership
- Past member, Florida Board of Zoning Adjustment of Orange County
- Past Board Member, Lifework Leadership
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, 8.20.20
- Recognition, 5.13.20
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America 2020; 8 Partners Selected as 'Lawyer of the Year'Recognition, 8.15.19
- Article, 8.15.18
- Article, 4.3.18
- Article, 8.21.17
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rated, 5.0 out of 5.0
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Real Estate Law, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Land Use and Zoning Law, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Litigation - Construction, 2021
Orlando Magazine, “The Best Lawyers in Orlando,” 2020