Geoffrey Randall is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he handles banking and financial regulatory compliance and transaction work and is a member of the Financial Services Practice Group.
A Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ rated attorney, Geoffrey has over 30 years of experience representing financial institutions in corporate and international commercial law. He was recognized by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business for his work in Banking and Finance as “a top-notch lawyer. Very client-focused, extremely practical and results-oriented."
Geoffrey regularly represents local community banks, regional and U.S. money center banks, and foreign banking organizations, as well as trust companies, broker-dealers, investment advisory firms, and money-services businesses in a wide range of regulatory, compliance, and corporate governance matters, including:
- fiduciary and investment matters;
- development of policies and procedures and new products; and,
- geographic expansion and servicing arrangements.
He also handles transactional work, including:
- lending and other financings;
- mergers and acquisitions;
- branch purchases and corporate reorganizations;
- UCC issues; and,
- bank holding company organization matters.
With the support of other firm attorneys, Geoffrey also handles litigation, creditors' rights, tax, government relations, and real estate matters.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1982
- University of Michigan, M.A., Spanish Literature, 1980
- University of Michigan, B.A., Spanish and Latin American Studies, 1978
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Recognition, Chambers & Partners, 4.23.20
- Article, 5.3.18
- Article, 5.26.17
- Recognition, 5.27.16
- Recognition, 6.25.15
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rated, 5.0 out of 5.0
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Banking & Finance: Regulatory 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020