Glennys Ortega Rubin is a partner in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP.
Glennys is a seasoned litigator, representing companies of all sizes in a myriad of industries and in various forums, including mediation, arbitration, agency proceedings and trial (state, federal and appellate). In addition to litigation, Glennys is a trusted advisor to her clients and provides them with advice and counsel, as well as training on employment and business related topics. Her experience as former in-house counsel provides her with unique insight into effective employment and business practices and matters. She also helps prepare and present legal seminars on a variety of topics.
Prior to returning to Central Florida, where she grew up, Glennys practiced law in South Florida and was an active member of Florida’s Children First and the Junior League of Greater Fort Lauderdale. Glennys is also a former board member of the Broward County Hispanic Bar Association and a former member of the Judicial Select and Tenure Committee for the Broward County Bar Association.
- University of Florida, J.D.
- Stetson University, B.A., cum laude, English
- University of Paris, Sorbonne
- Keble College, Oxford University
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Professional and Civic
- Junior League of Greater Fort Lauderdale
- Florida's Children First!
- Business Law Section of The Florida Bar, Business Litigation Committee
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee
- Small Business Development Center Advisory Board
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Firm News, Orlando, 7.25.23
- Publications, Law360, 6.16.21
- Article, 10.2.19
- Article, 6.9.16
- Article, 5.19.16
- Article, 9.12.15
- Author, Immigration Law: A Call for US Courts to Reevaluate Policy Considerations Regarding Female Genital Mutilation as a Justification for Asylum, 10 U. Miami Int’l & Comp. L. Rev. 145 (2001)
- Florida Labor and Employment Law Blog, 10.3.17
- Florida Labor and Employment Law Blog, 7.21.17
- Florida Labor and Employment Law Blog, 5.5.17
- Florida Labor and Employment Law Blog, 4.20.17
- Florida Labor and Employment Law Blog, 3.30.17
- Florida Labor and Employment Law Blog, 3.7.17
- Florida Labor and Employment Law Blog, 3.6.17