Matthew Blackshear is a partner in Tampa office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group.
Matthew focuses his practice in the areas of commercial real estate acquisition, finance, development, leasing, and title and survey matters. He also handles general business matters, including the purchase and sale of assets and businesses, mergers and acquisitions, entity formation, commercial contracts, corporate compliance and confidentiality matters. He has significant experience representing lenders and borrowers in commercial real estate matters and asset-based financings from both a transactional and litigation perspective. Matthew also has wide-ranging experience in commercial loan foreclosures, receiverships, workouts and restructurings, as well as construction litigation.
- Florida State University, J.D./M.B.A., 2002
- Associate Editor, Florida State University Business Review
- University of Florida, B.S.B.A., 1998
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Amanda Buffinton and Matthew Blackshear Facilitate Record $7.2 Million Purchase of Tampa’s Most Expensive CondoFirm News, 12.3.21
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2022 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, The Best Lawyers in America®, 8.19.21
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, 8.20.20
- Firm News, Thomson Reuters, 6.4.20
- Firm News, 6.4.19
- Recognition, 6.19.18
- Article, 6.8.17
- Article, 6.9.16