Michael Quinn is a Partner in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Business Litigation Practice Group. Michael advises public and private companies regarding complex business issues, regulatory matters and commercial litigation. He has represented clients in a variety of sectors, including the hospitality industry, commercial real estate, transportation and consumer products.
As part of his regulatory practice, Michael has represented companies in matters brought before various state attorneys general, consumer affairs divisions, and other regulatory agencies.
As a member of the firm’s Business Litigation Practice Group, Michael has represented clients in both state and federal court on complex business matters. Michael’s current focus includes work as part of a team that protects clients from “corporate cyber fraud” and other forms of unfair competition. In this capacity, Michael has investigated instances where current or prospective customers have been diverted as a result of deceptive online marketing and SEO techniques, as well as other methods.
Prior to joining Shutts & Bowen, Michael served as outside counsel to a Fortune 100 media and entertainment company, handled contractual matters related to the development of new theme park attractions, and also represented clients involved in complex product liability litigation.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., 2010
- Book Awards (Top Grade): Legal Writing and Research II, Federal Legislative Practice
- Florida State University Business Law Review
- University of Florida, B.A., Political Science, 2006
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Professional and Civic
- Orange County Bar Association
- NAIOP – Commercial Real Estate Development Association
- Arnold Palmer Medical Center Foundation
- Leadership Orlando - Class 97
News, Insights & Media Mentions
News & Speaking Engagements
- Article, 10.21.19
- Article, 10.2.19
- Article, 1.28.19
- "Timeshare giant Diamond shuts down another company that claims it can cancel your timeshare," Orlando Business Journal (July 19, 2019)
- "Diamond Resorts Closes Case Against Timeshare Exit Cos.," Law360 (July 2, 2019)
- "Wyndham Destinations working with consumers who lost money in timeshare exit scheme," ClickOrlando (January 18, 2019)
- "Timeshare Industry Fighting Back to End Exit Fraud: One Major Firm Disbarred and Another Files Bankruptcy," PRNewswire (September 13, 2018)