Todd F. Kobrin is a partner in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he handles real property litigation and transactional matters and is a member of the Construction Litigation Practice Group.
Todd is a Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ rated attorney and has been named one of the Best Lawyers in America® in construction litigation. His litigation practice focuses on the representation of general contractors, subcontractors and materialmen in construction claims, including bond and lien foreclosure matters, and in the representation of servicers of commercial mortgage-backed securities pools and institutional lenders in mortgage foreclosures and non-residential landlord/tenant matters.
Todd has been a featured speaker and has lectured extensively on construction lien and bond claims, mortgage foreclosure disputes and landlord/tenant matters. Todd is a member of The Florida Bar, the American Bar Association, the Construction Industry Forum, the Real Property, Probate and Trust Section of the Florida Bar and the International Council of Shopping Centers.
While in law school, Todd was a law clerk to Honorable David Levy with the Third District Court of Appeal, State of Florida. Todd is also an instrument-rated private pilot.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 1992
- Highest Grade Awards (Book Awards) – Civil Procedure, Securities Litigation
- University of Florida, B.A., Political Science, 1989
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Professional and Civic
- Chair, Florida Bar Grievance Committee, Ninth Judicial Circuit
- Chair, Alliance of Sommeliers
- Board Member, Orlando Executive Airport Advisory Board
- Board Member, Quest, Inc.
- Orange County Bar Association
- Construction Law Committee
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Committee
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, 8.20.20
- Recognition, 5.13.20
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America 2020; 8 Partners Selected as 'Lawyer of the Year'Recognition, 8.15.19
- Article, 8.15.18
- Article, 4.3.18
- Article, 8.21.17
- Recognition, 8.16.16
- Article, 8.18.14
- Article, 8.15.13
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rated
- Best Lawyers in America®, Construction Litigation, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
Orlando Magazine, “The Best Lawyers in Orlando,” 2020