William G. McCullough is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Corporate Practice Group. William focuses his practice on the structuring of complex investment transactions and business organizations, private fund formation, and transactional and regulatory matters involving domestic and international financial institutions.
Much of William’s corporate work entails structuring real estate-related joint ventures and other investment vehicles for use in projects involving the development of luxury condominiums, hotels, restaurants, and other commercial and residential properties. His financial services work encompasses a full range of federal and state regulatory matters involving banks, trust companies, investment advisers, and other financial institutions. William has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions and general contractual and transactional matters involving companies within and outside of the financial services industry.
William McCullough previously served as an Adjunct Professor at the University of Miami School of Law, where he taught an advanced seminar on mergers and acquisitions involving financial institutions He was educated at Stanford Law School, Tulane University, and the London School of Economics, and is a member of the bars of Florida, New York, Massachusetts, and the District of Columbia.
- Stanford Law School, J.D.
- Tulane University, B.A., magna cum laude
- The London School of Economics (one-year non-degree program)
- New York
- District of Columbia
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, 8.20.20
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America 2020; 8 Partners Selected as 'Lawyer of the Year'Recognition, 8.15.19
- Article, 10.5.18
- Article, 8.15.18
- Article, 3.30.18
- SEC Interim Final Rules Implementing the Securities Activities “Push Out” Provisions of the GLBA, with Bowman Brown and Bryan Wells, Banking and Financial Services Policy Report (July 2001).
- Banking Across Borders: Regulatory Frameworks Dictate Business, with Bowman Brown and Bryan Wells, Latin Finance Magazine (January – February 1996)
- Best Lawyers in America®, Banking and Finance Law, 2009-2021
- Top Dealmaker Award, Construction Financing, Daily Business Review, 2015
- Top Lawyers, South Florida Legal Guide, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated