Our experienced attorneys help companies and financial institutions fulfill and comply with anti-money laundering laws and regulations. Members of this group are former federal and state prosecutors who draw on their years of experience investigating suspicious activities. Among our seasoned lawyers is a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) whose background and experience includes representing foreign and domestic financial institutions against governmental and customer lawsuits and administrative actions as well as working with personnel to understand money laundering schemes, implement policies and comply with document requests.
Our lawyers minimize risk and guide businesses and institutions in keeping current with the following laws and regulations:
- Know-Your-Customer (KYC) procedures
- Money Laundering Control Act
- Electronic Communications Privacy Act
- U.S. Patriot Act
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Office of Foreign Assets Control sanctions
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
- European Union directives
- Right to Financial Privacy Act
- Internet gambling; and
- Other criminal money laundering and advanced money laundering schemes statutes.
In state and federal court litigation, we represent individuals, banks and other depository institutions, non-bank financial institutions, and non-financial businesses and professions. Our attorneys deliver capable counsel in grand jury and other governmental investigations, asset freezes and forfeitures, regulatory compliance issues, and defense of civil lawsuits in the anti-money laundering environment.
We are dedicated to providing our clients with thorough and efficient legal representation on money laundering and regulatory compliance matters in all relevant jurisdictions.
News & Insights
- Firm News, Daily Business Review, 5.25.21
- Recognition, The American Lawyer, 5.20.21
- Firm News, Law360, 9.2.20
- Recognition, The American Lawyer, 6.3.20