Florentino "Tino" Gonzalez is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is also the Co-Chair of the firm's Real Estate Practice Group.
Tino has a multi-faceted commercial real estate practice. His years of experience in handling complex transactions allows him to provide effective and efficient service. As lead counsel, he has overseen large and complex multi-state real estate transactions involving interaction with local, corporate and institutional counsel throughout the country and has coordinated related opinions, corporate and title requirements. In connection with such transactions, he has negotiated and drafted relevant agreements, worked with tax experts to devise the appropriate structure for taking title, reviewed title and survey, and worked with title underwriters on title insurance matters.
Tino also represents developers and financial institutions on acquisitions, construction loans, securitized loans and leasing matters. He has experience negotiating and drafting loan and related documents and working through title issues. He also has negotiated and drafted various construction and AIA contracts for owners and tenants of residential and commercial properties.
- Loyola University School of Law, J.D., 1993
- University of Miami, B.B.A., Finance, 1989
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2022 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, The Best Lawyers in America®, 8.19.21
- Media Mention, The Legal 500, 10.16.20
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, 8.20.20
- Media Mention, Miami Herald, 4.15.20
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America 2020; 8 Partners Selected as 'Lawyer of the Year'Recognition, 8.15.19
- Shutts & Bowen LLP Selected to Represent the City of Miami as Outside Counsel in Beckham Soccer Stadium TransactionArticle, 6.17.19
- Article, 8.15.18
- Article, 8.21.17
- Article, 2.11.16