Frank A. Zacherl is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is Co-Chair of the firm's Class Action and Mass Litigation Practice Group, and a leading member of the Insurance Practice Group.
A Martindale-Hubbell AV® rated attorney, Frank concentrates his practice in complex civil litigation and electronic commerce, with an emphasis on trial work, class action defense, and high-stakes commercial matters. His practice areas include insurance litigation, electronic commerce and cybersecurity consultation and litigation, and commercial litigation.
Frank has served as lead counsel in dozens of significant jury trials (to verdict), and numerous bench trials. He's tried the issue of class certification in numerous large class action cases, and has coordinated complex insurance litigation and class actions on a state and national level for insurers and telecommunications companies.
Frank is actively defending, and has extensive experience handling, national and statewide class actions in state and federal courts throughout Florida. He's obtained early dismissal of these cases in many instances. He also provides consultation and representation to insurers regarding claims handling issues, and he's frequently consulted on matters presenting significant potential exposure to insurers and other companies.
Prior to joining Shutts, Frank served as an Assistant State Attorney for the 11th Judicial Circuit in Miami, Florida. He has served on the Civil Litigation Committee and Professionalism Committee of the Miami-Dade County Bar Association, and is a frequent speaker on electronic commerce, class actions, and insurance issues.
- George Washington University National Law Center, J.D., 1990
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., English and Business Administration, 1987
- Not licensed to practice in North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Firm News, 8.17.23
- Article, Law360, Miami, 5.10.23
- Recognition, 8.18.22
- Speaking Engagement, 9.9.21
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2022 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, The Best Lawyers in America®, 8.19.21
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, 8.20.20
- Webinar, AM Best, Webinar, 6.10.20
- Firm News, 4.9.20
- Client Alert, 3.26.20
- Media Mention, 1.21.20
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America 2020; 8 Partners Selected as 'Lawyer of the Year'Recognition, 8.15.19
- Article, 3.10.16
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rated, 5.0 out of 5.0
- Best Lawyers In America®, Litigation - Insurance, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
- Lawyer of the Year, Litigation - Insurance, 2023