Garrett A. Tozier is a partner in the Tampa office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Appellate practice group.
Garrett represents clients in a wide range of appellate and litigation matters involving commercial disputes, business torts, real-property litigation, and class action and insurance defense. He is experienced in appellate advocacy and procedure in state and federal appellate courts, and routinely prepares briefs on merits, on jurisdiction, and for extraordinary writs in original proceedings. Garrett also provides pre-trial and trial support to litigators, assisting in the development of legal arguments and ensuring that all steps necessary to preserve issues for appellate review are taken.
Prior to joining the firm, Garrett clerked for the Honorable Susan H. Rothstein-Youakim at the Florida Second District Court of Appeal. He also previously served as a Central Staff Attorney at the Florida Second District Court of Appeal, where he gained extensive experience in appellate jurisdictional matters, appellate motion practice, and original proceedings.
While attending the University of Florida Levin College of Law, Garrett served as articles and research editor for the Journal of Technology Law and Policy. During law school, he also interned for the Honorable Darryl C. Casanueva at the Florida Second District Court of Appeal.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2013
- Journal of Technology Law & Policy, Articles Editor and Research Editor
- Florida Blue Key, Treasurer and Secretary
- Intellectual Property Law Certificate
- ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Intellectual Property Law, 2013
- University of Florida, B.S., cum laude, Telecommunication Management, and B.A., cum laude, Political Science, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Professional and Civic
- Florida Bar Appellate Practice Section
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Appellate Practice Section
- Bar Leadership Institute Class of 2018-2019
- Reece Smith Jr. Litigation American Inn of Court
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Publication, Lawyer Magazine, Tampa, 3.23.22
- Firm News, 1.31.22
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2022 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, The Best Lawyers in America®, 8.19.21
- Media Mention, 10.19.20
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, 8.20.20
- Note, Counterfeit Electronics Parts and the Lanham Act, 17 J. Tech. L. & Pol’y 329 (2012)