Lee D. Mackson is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP and Chair of the Creditors' Rights/Bankruptcy Practice Group.
A Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent ™ rated attorney, Lee has been named among the Best Lawyers in America® in bankruptcy, creditor-debtor law and related litigation since 2013. With more than 36 years of experience, Lee advises clients in ways to resolve a variety of complex business disputes in court, arbitration and negotiation, including workout attempts, commercial foreclosures and trials. Lee has also appeared before the United States Supreme Court.
Lee primarily represents financial institutions in real estate and banking litigation, among other industries. He represents numerous multi-state lenders and special servicers and has handled multi-million dollar commercial foreclosures. These cases often involve receiverships and rent sequestrations.
He is a frequent author and speaker on commercial foreclosure issues and has been retained as an expert witness on Florida real estate litigation. Lee also served on the Florida Bar Grievance Committee for six years.
- Duke University Law School, J.D., 1984
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A., with honors, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Professional and Civic
- Former member, Florida Bar Grievance Committee
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Media Mention, The Real Deal, National, 6.17.20
- Webinar, 6.4.20
- Media Mention, South Florida Business Journal, 5.27.20
- Article, Daily Business Review, 4.22.20
- Media Mention, 4.21.20
- Article, Modern Restaurant Management, 4.21.20
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America 2020; 8 Partners Selected as 'Lawyer of the Year'Recognition, 8.15.19
- Article, 8.15.18
- Article, 8.21.17
- Recognition, 8.16.16
- Article, 8.18.14
- Article, 8.15.13
- Co-Author, “Hotels, Restaurants and Bars: What to Expect When Restrictions are Lifted,” Daily Business Review (April 21, 2020)
- Co-Author, “Unprecedented Effects: How the Hospitality Industry Will Recover,” Modern Restaurant Management (April 21, 2020)
- Author, "Representing Lenders in Commercial Foreclosures," Aspatore Special Report (2010)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rated, 5.0 out of 5.0
- Best Lawyers in America®
- Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Litigation - Bankruptcy, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Florida Trend's Legal Elite, 2004