Michael L. Gore is a partner in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he practices business, commercial, and real estate litigation and is a member of the Business Litigation Practice Group.
A Martindale-Hubbell AV® rated attorney, Michael has represented large and small businesses, financial institutions, developers, government entities, entrepreneurs and other individuals in successfully resolving:
- contract disputes;
- creditor’s rights;
- business torts;
- insurance coverage;
- claims of unfair and deceptive trade practices; and,
- property rights issues, including commercial landlord/tenant matters.
He also regularly represents lending institutions and asset managers in the collection, foreclosure, and work-out of commercial loans.
Michael has been named as one of the Best Lawyers in America® in banking and finance litigation. He represents clients in securities fraud litigation, and has been appointed by the United States District Court as a Receiver in an action brought by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
An experienced trial lawyer, Michael is adept in analyzing problems, negotiating disputes, and utilizing methods of alternative dispute resolution to avoid litigation. He has represented clients before federal and state court, arbitration proceedings, administrative hearings, various state agencies and has more than 20 years of appellate experience. He has represented clients in investigations by the Office of the Attorney General for the State of Florida and the Federal Trade Commission. He has also represented several public officials before the Commission on Ethics for the State of Florida.
Outside of his practice, Michael served for over 15 years as a member of the Executive Committee and as a member of the Board of Directors of the Central Florida Zoological Society. He has served in the past as Chairman of the Grievance Committee for the Florida Bar, Section 9D.
- University of Florida, J.D., 1984
- University of Florida, B.S.B.A., with honors, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Professional and Civic
- The Florida Bar
- Orange County Bar Association
- Central Florida Zoological Society
- Board of Directors
- Past President and Secretary, Executive Committee
- Past Chairman, Grievance Committee for the Florida Bar, Section 9D
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Shutts & Bowen LLP Partner, James Timko, Facilitates the Recovery of Millions for the Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence ReceivershipFirm News, Orlando, 8.31.21
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2022 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, The Best Lawyers in America®, 8.19.21
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, 8.20.20
- Recognition, 5.13.20
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America 2020; 8 Partners Selected as 'Lawyer of the Year'Recognition, 8.15.19
- Article, 8.15.18
- Article, 4.3.18
- Article, 8.21.17
- Recognition, 8.16.16
- Article, 8.18.14
- Article, 8.15.13
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rated, 5.0 out of 5.0
- Best Lawyers in America, Litigation, Banking & Finance, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
Orlando Magazine, "The Best Lawyers in Orlando: Lawyer of the Year,” 2020
- Florida Trend's Legal Elite, 2013
- Florida Super Lawyers, Business Litigation, 2007
- Who’s Who in American Law, 8th Edition, 1994-1995