Devon A. Woolard is a partner in the West Palm Beach office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Business Litigation Practice Group.
Devon’s practice focuses on the representation of a variety of businesses and professionals in state and federal courts, with a focus on commercial matters. Devon is experienced with representing various individuals, private and public companies, and non-profit entities in a broad range of business matters, and previously served as assistant general counsel for a property and casualty insurance company. Prior to joining Shutts, Devon practiced at a national litigation firm where she handled complex litigation matters with an emphasis on the defense of professionals, including attorneys, architects and engineers, directors and officers, insurance brokers and title agents. Additionally, Devon defended employers in all types of employment related litigation at the administrative level and in federal and state court.
Her background includes a clerkship with a Florida-based energy company where she was involved in regulatory compliance, bankruptcy matters and contractual issues.
- Lynn University, B.S., Business Administration, summa cum laude
- University of Florida, J.D., cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Professional and Civic
- American Bar Association
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Firm News, 1.30.23
- Speaking Engagement, 11.29.22
- “Good News for HOAs: Courts Clarify Deadline for Governing Document Lawsuits,” Daily Business Review, 2017
- “Associations Rejoice: Florida Appellate Courts Breathe New Life into Controlling Documents for Community Associations,” Defense Digest, Vol. 22, No. 4, 2016