J. Gregory Humphries is a partner in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is Chair of the Corporate Practice Group and serves as a member of the firm’s Executive Committee.
A Martindale Hubbell AV® rated attorney, Greg represents public and private companies in all facets of general business and corporate matters including mergers and acquisitions, complex transactional matters, corporate governance, business contracts and joint ventures. In addition, Greg has an established practice in estate planning matters.
Over the course of his 30 years practicing law, Greg's developed significant experience in the auto dealership, restaurant and hospitality, metals, mining and manufacturing industries. He regularly represents auto dealers and brokers with issues ranging from leasing and finance disclosures to business ventures.
Greg received his law degree from the College of William and Mary where he was a member of the Law Review and was a member of the Order of the Coif. He's been listed by Florida Super Lawyers in business and corporate since 2007 and was named to the top five percent of the Orlando Business Journal's "Best of the Bar" in 2007.
- College of William and Mary, J.D., 1981
- Stetson University, B.B.A., Accounting, 1978
Professional and Civic
- National Association of Dealer Counsel
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee 09A, March 2011—February 2014
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Recognition, 5.13.20
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America 2020; 8 Partners Selected as 'Lawyer of the Year'Recognition, 8.15.19
- Firm News, 6.4.19
- Article, 8.15.18
- Recognition, 6.19.18
- Article, 4.3.18
- Article, 8.21.17
- Recognition, 6.22.17
- Article, 6.8.17
- Recognition, 8.16.16
- Article, 6.9.16
- Greg is named to the top 5% of the Orlando Business Journal's fourth annual Best of the Bar survey (2007).
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rated, 5.0 out of 5.0
- Florida Trend Legal Elite, 2017
- Florida Super Lawyers, Business/Corporate, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Law, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
Orlando Magazine, “The Best Lawyers in Orlando,” 2020