Michael Lozoff is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP. He is a member of the Financial Services Practice Group and Chair of the section's Credit Union Law Group.
Michael has over 40 years of experience providing legal advice to federal and state credit unions on a broad spectrum of matters from regulatory compliance, strategic planning and governance to the development of operational policies and procedures and the handling of adverse examination findings. He has been recognized as a “Top Lawyer” by South Florida Legal Guide in finance and currently serves as counsel to numerous credit unions in Florida and other states.
Michael has lectured on and published articles on credit union regulatory matters. He also serves as an advisory board member for Classical South Florida, an American Public Media public radio station.
- University of Miami, J.D. with honors, 1980
- University of North Carolina, B.A., summa cum laude, 1976
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
Professional and Civic
Mentor: Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) 2022, 2023
News & Insights
Hosted Annual Credit Union CEO and Directors Roundtable (2021, 2022 & 2023)
- Quoted in “Bring Your Own Device Policies Benefit from Security Platform,” mHealthIntelligence (May 29, 2015)
- Quoted in “BYOD Carries Legal Threats,” Credit Union Times (May 6, 2015)
- Quoted in “Credit union lenders rescue borrowers from ARMs,” South Florida Business Journal (October 29, 2007)
News & Speaking Engagements
- Event, 11.28.23
- Event, 11.23.21
- Recognition, South Florida Legal Guide, 4.6.21
- Recognition, 4.9.20
- Recognition, 2.13.20
- Recognition, 3.19.19
- Article, 1.11.18
- Recognition, 1.17.17
- South Florida Legal Guide recognized Shutts & Bowen as a Top Law Firm, and named these 21 Shutts & Bowen lawyers as 2015 Top Lawyers.2.9.15