Neil B. Shoter is a partner in the West Palm Beach office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Real Estate Practice Group.
Recognized by Florida Super Lawyers since 2012, Neil has a nationwide commercial real estate practice concentrating in commercial leasing law. His practice encompasses office, retail, industrial and specialty facilities leases, and he advises landlords and tenants on property management issues. He has extensive experience in negotiating office and retail leases, including regularly representing Class A buildings and institutional owners. His retail leasing experience includes drafting and negotiating shopping center, big box, restaurant, and mixed-used project leases with national and international retailers.
Neil is also a registered architect and a LEED® Accredited Professional with experience in all phases of the design, development and construction process. He advises on, prepares, and negotiates construction and design consultant agreements and counsels clients on green leasing and sustainable development.
Neil is active in the leadership of The Florida Bar’s Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section, currently serving as Chair of its Information Technology Committee and previously chairing its Real Estate Leasing Committee. He is a past president for the Palm Beach County Chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation and current member of its Advisory Council. He has also lectured and authored articles on lease negotiation, green leasing and sustainability and on telecommunications issues in commercial leases.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., 1994
- Nova/Southeastern University, M.B.A., 1990
- University of Florida, Master of Architecture, 1985
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Design, 1983
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Professional and Civic
- Real Property, Probate and Trust Section of The Florida Bar
- Chair, Information Technology Committee
- Former Chair, Landlord/Tenant Committee
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- The American Institute of Architects
- Immediate Past President, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Palm Beach County Chapter
News & Insights
- "Green Leasing: What every leasing lawyer should know about green and sustainable buildings,” The Florida Bar (November 2009)
- “Sound advice: Never be afraid to ask for a better deal,” South Florida Business Journal (August 11, 2003)
News & Speaking Engagements
- Recognition, 9.1.22
- Firm News, Melbourne, FL, 5.6.20
- Firm News, 6.4.19
- Recognition, 6.19.18
- Article, 6.8.17
- Article, 6.9.16
- "Top Lawyer," Palm Beach Illustrated, 2022
- U.S. Green Building Council LEED® Accredited Professional (LEED AP)
- Florida Super Lawyers, Real Estate, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- 2011 Valor Award Honoree, American Diabetes Association Southeast Florida Chapter
- The Legal 500, 2007