Amber Stoner Nunnally is a partner in the Tallahassee office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Appellate Practice Group.
She is experienced in all aspects of appellate advocacy and procedure, and routinely prepares briefs on merits and jurisdiction, amicus briefs, and briefs for extraordinary writs in original proceedings. She also provides appellate support during trial and pretrial activities, assisting in development and presentation of legal arguments, record development, and identification and preservation of error.
Amber is also an experienced litigation attorney, representing businesses and state agencies in state courts on matters of law and public policy, particularly in the areas of constitutional and administrative law.
Prior to joining Shutts, Amber served as a staff attorney to Justice Ricky Polston of the Florida Supreme Court and Judge Kent Wetherell of Florida’s First District Court of Appeal. With 20 years of experience in Florida government, Amber has also worked in the Executive Office of the Governor, the House of Representatives, the Attorney General’s Office, and the Department of State.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2013
- Florida State University, B.S. in Political Science, 2003
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
Professional and Civic
- Judicial Advisory Commission Member for the 117th Congress
- Northern Florida Chapter of American Red Cross, Board Member
- First District Appellate American Inn of Court
- The Federalist Society
- Military Service Academy Nomination Board
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Recognition, Tallahassee, 4.21.21
- Firm News, 2.1.21