Benjamin F. Elliott is a senior associate in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Business Litigation Practice Group.
Benjamin’s practice includes the representation of public and private clients in large multi-party litigation. Benjamin joined Shutts from a large Northeast law firm and previously served as a Special Assistant to the General Counsel to the Governor of Connecticut as well as an intern in the United State Attorney’s Office for the District of Connecticut.
Benjamin currently serves as an officer to the Orlando Chapter of the Federal Bar Association. While in law school, he was a member of the Frederick Douglass National Moot Court Team.
Prior to his career in law, he served as the Executive Director of the Macchi School, an independent middle and high school of gifted, indigent students in rural Tobati, Paraguay.
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 2012
- Boston College, B.A., 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Professional and Civic
- Orlando Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Chair (2021-2022)
- Director-At-Large (2020-2021)
- Orange County Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Litigation Counsel of America, Associate Fellow
- Team Tobati, Inc., Board of Directors, 2008 – Present
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Speaking Engagement, Orlando, 10.26.21
- Recognition, Orlando, 9.29.21
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2022 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, The Best Lawyers in America®, 8.19.21
- Best Lawyers in America®, Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation, 2022
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, “Rising Star,” 2017-2018