Ricardo J. Souto is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he practices taxation, estate planning and corporate planning and is Co-Chair of the Tax & International Law Practice Group.
Ricardo regularly represents and advises foreign clients on their investments in the United States and related U.S. income tax and estate planning matters. He represents numerous domestic clients in matters involving corporate mergers and acquisitions, income tax planning, and corporate structuring. He also advises clients on federal tax planning as well as state and local tax issues.
Ricardo has presented and written articles on tax and regulatory matters, and is the co-author of “A Primer on the NRA Withholding Presumption Rules" published by The Florida Bar.
- University of Miami, LL.M., Taxation, 2000
- University of Florida College of Law, J.D., 1999
- University of Florida, B.S., Business Administration, 1996
News & Insights
- Speaker, "How to Take Advantage of Landmark New Florida Insurance Legislation" - Florida International Bankers Association - Legal & Regulatory Affairs Committee Seminar - July 2005
- Speaker, "The W-8 BEN - Update and Audit Information" - Florida International Bankers Association - Legal & Regulatory Affairs Committee Seminar - May 2005
- Co-Author, "A Primer on the NRA Withholding Presumption Rules," The Florida Bar, Tax Section Bulletin (May 2006)
News & Speaking Engagements
- Recognition, 7.6.23
- Recognition, The Legal 500, 1.12.22
- Firm News, 8.23.21
- Media Mention, The Legal 500, 10.16.20
- Article, 6.15.09