Rod Jones is a partner in the Orlando office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Financial Services Practice Group.
With over 35 years of experience in the industry, including his background as a former banking regulator for the State of Florida, Rod counsels domestic and international banks and other financial firms on their activities and acquisitions in Florida.
Rod offers guidance with respect to regulatory approval and reporting requirements as well as compliance with operating conditions and restrictions to a wide variety of financial services providers, including depository institutions, trust companies, insurance companies, brokerage firms, consumer finance companies, mortgage lenders, and money services businesses.
As a former regulator with relationships at the state and federal levels, Rod understands the supervisory process and communicates effectively with financial institution regulators, advising clients with regard to safety and soundness concerns as well as compliance and executive compensation issues.
Rod has been selected for inclusion in Chambers and Partners’ America’s Leading Lawyers for Business USA in Banking & Finance. He was highly regarded for his regulatory expertise and for representing community banks. Interviewees commend him for being "very thorough and experienced."
- Florida State University College of Law, J. D., 1979
- Florida State University, M.S., Library Science, 1972
- Florida State University, B.A., 1970
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Firm News, 8.17.23
- Recognition, Chambers and Partners, 6.5.23
- Recognition, 8.18.22
- Firm News, Chambers and Partners, 6.6.22
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2022 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, The Best Lawyers in America®, 8.19.21
- Firm News, Chambers and Partners, 5.24.21
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, 8.20.20
- Recognition, 5.13.20
- Recognition, Chambers & Partners, 4.23.20
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America 2020; 8 Partners Selected as 'Lawyer of the Year'Recognition, 8.15.19
- Article, 4.26.19
- Article, 8.15.18
- Article, 5.3.18
- Article, 4.3.18
- Article, 8.21.17
- Article, 5.26.17
- Recognition, 8.16.16
- Recognition, 5.27.16
- Recognition, 6.25.15
- Article, 8.18.14
- Article, 8.15.13
- Article, 6.15.09
- Recognition, 6.2.06
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Banking & Finance, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- Banking & Finance: Regulatory, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Best Lawyers in America®, Banking Law, 1995-2024
Orlando Magazine, “The Best Lawyers in Orlando,” 2020
- Florida Super Lawyers, Banking Law, 2007, 2008, 2009