In a global economy, there is a compelling need to stay current with rules and regulations governing a mobile and multi-national workforce. Our lawyers guide businesses ranging from individuals, to entrepreneurs to large multi-national corporations through the legal and compliance requirements to address their employment-related immigration needs.
Our immigration attorneys have been rated by Martindale-Hubbell and listed among the Best Lawyers in America®. They have also served or led industry organizations such as the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
We offer comprehensive services that cover the full spectrum of immigration needs, from individuals and families, to companies that need to adeptly manage and maximize their intercontinental workforces.
We perform due diligence on immigration issues in corporate mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and other forms of corporate reorganization. We also regularly counsel foreign nationals on pre-immigration planning and assist those who want to live and expand their business in the U.S.
We advise and assist clients regarding:
- Employment based non-immigrant visas including E-1 (treaty investors), E-2 (treaty traders), F-1 (students seeking CPT/OPT), H-1B (specialty occupation), J-1 (exchange visitors), L-1A/L-1B (intracompany transferees), O-1 (extraordinary ability), P-1 (professional athletes), R-1 (religious workers), TN (Trade NAFTA)
- Employment based permanent resident visas including EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, EB-5, PERM, adjustment of status and consular processing
- Family-based immigration matters
- Applications for U.S. naturalization
- I-9 Compliance: procedures, guidelines, audits, enforcement actions
We also guide and assist clients in processing their visa applications and resolving other State Department matters in U.S. embassies and consulates around the world.
News & Insights
- Recognition, 9.1.22
- Recognition, 1.4.22
- Recognition, Palm Beach Illustrated, 9.22.21
- Media Mention, Tampa Bay Business Journal, 8.16.21
- Firm News, Daily Business Review, 5.25.21
- Recognition, The American Lawyer, 5.20.21
- Speaking Engagement, 4.13.21
- Firm News, Law360, 9.2.20
- Media Mention, 7.7.20
- Media Mention, Bloomberg Law, 6.19.20
- Recognition, The American Lawyer, 6.3.20
- Media Mention, 4.29.20
- Media Mention, 4.23.20
- Shutts & Bowen names Diamela del Castillo-Payet Partner in the Tax and International Law Practice Group8.29.18
- Recognition, 8.28.18
- Article, 6.15.09