Melodie Khosrovani is an attorney in the Tampa office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Business Litigation Practice Group.
Melodie practices in the areas of business and commercial litigation, assisting clients in all facets of general business representation, contracts, corporate transactions and securities matters. Melodie also has experience in corporate governance matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Melodie served as a judicial extern for the Honorable James A. Edwards of the Fifth District Court of Appeal. She earned her Juris Doctor from the University of Florida Levin College of Law.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, cum laude, J.D., 2020
- Dean’s List
- Book Award – Legal Writing, 2017
- Book Award – Introduction to Lawyering, 2017
- Florida Law Review
- Managing Editor, 2019-2020
- Teaching Assistant, Legal Writing and Appellate Advocacy, 2018-2019
- Mediation Clinic
- Family Advocacy Clinic
- University of Florida, B.A., Political Science, cum laude, 2016
- Minor in Business Administration
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Honors Program
- Golden Key International Honor Society
- Teaching Assistant, Principles of Management, 2016
Professional and Civic
- The Florida Bar
News & Insights
- Real Property, Probate & Trust Section of the Hillsborough County Bar Association Webinar, "COVID-19's Impact on Land Use and Real Estate Law,” CLE Presenter, April 28, 2021.
Co-Author, "Equitable Remedies for Contract Actions: Florida," Practical Law (2021)
Co-author, “International Law Deskbook 2020,” The Florida Bar International Law Section (2020)
News & Speaking Engagements
- Event, Tampa, 5.24.22
- Event, Tampa, 2.15.22
- Article, Thomson Reuters Practical Law, Tampa, 7.15.21
- Business and Legal Insights, 5.10.21