David Coviello is a partner in the Miami office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where he is a member of the Land Use & Zoning Practice Group.
David assists developers, property owners and other clients in obtaining approval of zoning and land use permits for their projects. He handles real estate development and zoning matters, including complex, comprehensive planning issues, development agreements for large-scale mixed-use projects, zoning and land use due diligence, as well as code compliance and licensing matters.
David is experienced in working with municipalities, planning commissions, and city councils. He served as the mayor of the Village of Biscayne Park, having received the highest number of votes in his first municipal election.
David previously served as a law clerk to Chief Justice Francis M. McDonald of the Supreme Court of Connecticut, and is also a member of the Connecticut Bar.
- Vermont Law School, J.D., 1999
- University of Connecticut, B.S., Natural Resource Management and Engineering, 1996
Professional and Civic
- Village of Biscayne Park Mayor (Commissioned December 2013 - December 2016)
- Miami Theater Center Board of Directors
- Greater Miami Shores Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Miami-Dade County League of Cities, Annexation and Incorporation Task Force
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Media Mention, South Florida Business Journal, 5.27.20
- Firm News, 3.30.20
- Media Mention, 11.21.18
- Article, 7.26.18
- Article, 2.11.16
- Partner and Village of Biscayne Park Mayor David Coviello holds first Commission meeting in newly renovated log cabinEvent, 1.26.16