Rikki Lober Bagatell is a partner in the West Palm Beach office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is Co-Chair of the Corporate Practice Group.
Rikki is a Martindale-Hubbell AV® rated attorney. In her corporate practice, she represents domestic and foreign clients in mergers and acquisitions, including through asset transfer, stock transfer, mergers, and other structures; new business entity and joint venture structuring and drafting; restructurings and reorganizations; strategic planning and compliance matters; shareholder/member split-ups; drafting and negotiating contracts, including commercial agreements, sales agreements, license agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, employment agreements and non-competition agreements; and general corporate matters.
Rikki is a relationship-driven professional who prides herself on providing exemplary client service. She is a trusted advisor to her clients, coordinating the legal needs of clients on a real time basis. She focuses in the areas of healthcare, professional services, hospitality, and manufacturing.
Her healthcare practice includes structuring new healthcare-related ventures, restructuring existing ventures, M&A for large and small healthcare businesses, shareholder agreements, employment agreements, governance, and general corporate advice.
Prior to joining Shutts, Rikki practiced corporate and real estate law in New Orleans, Louisiana. Her experience includes negotiating and structuring mergers and acquisitions for a wide variety of clients; representing municipalities in structuring public/private partnerships, including traditional and tax credit financing, general corporate and contracting matters; and drafting and negotiating master leases and operating agreements in connection with the development and renovation of hotels, mixed-use facilities, and high profile live performing arts venues.
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, J.D., 2000
- Cornell University, B.A., History, 1997, with distinction in all subjects
Professional and Civic
- United Way of Palm Beach County, General Counsel, 2000-Present
- Central Palm Beach County Chamber of Commerce
- Trustee, 2015-2018
- Board of Directors, 2018-Present
- Leadership Palm Beach County, Class of 2014; General Counsel 2014-2018; Bylaws Task Force Chair; Board of Governors 2014-2022
- Erica Whitfield, Palm Beach County School Board Member District 4, Re-Election Campaign Treasurer 2017-18
- Junior Achievement of the Palm Beaches and Treasure Coast, Caribbean Wind Host Committee
- American Bar Association, Mergers and Acquisitions Committee
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers, Palm Beach County Chapter
- Florida Bar, 15th Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee “D” Member 2018-2021
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Transaction Law Committee
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Firm News, 9.13.23
- Firm News, 8.17.23
- Firm News, 7.25.23
- Recognition, 9.1.22
- Recognition, 8.18.22
- Event, 3.24.22
- Recognition, 1.4.22
- Recognition, Palm Beach Illustrated, 9.22.21
- Event, 6.3.21
- Speaking Engagement, 4.30.20
- Recognition, 8.28.18
- Speaking Engagement, 12.3.15
- Article, 6.8.15
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rated
- Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2023, 2024
- Central Palm Beach County Chamber of Commerce, Woman of Worth Award Nominee, 2018
- "Top Lawyer," Palm Beach Illustrated, 2018, 2021, 2022, 2023
- "Top Lawyer," Jupiter Magazine, 2022
- CREW National Economic Improvement Impact Award, 2012
- Louisiana SPCA Dorothy Dorsett Brown Humanitarian Award, 2008