Alyssa L. Cory is an Associate in the Tampa office of Shutts & Bowen LLP, where she is a member of the Appellate Practice Group.
Before entering private practice, Alyssa served as a senior staff attorney for the Honorable Ricky Polston at the Florida Supreme Court and as a law clerk for the Honorable Thomas D. Winokur at Florida’s First District Court of Appeal.
While in law school, Alyssa served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Jorge Labarga at the Florida Supreme Court, the Honorable Thomas G. Wilson at the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, and the Honorable Nelly N. Khouzam at Florida’s Second District Court of Appeal. Additionally, Alyssa interned as a certified legal intern in the Office of the State Attorney for the Sixth Judicial Circuit.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 2015
- Certification of Concentration in Advocacy
- Stetson Law Review, Associate and Digest Writer.
- Moot Court Board
- National Octofinalist, and Region V Winner and Best Brief Award, New York City Bar Association National Moot Court Competition.
- Southern Regional Semifinalist, Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition.
- Suzanne Armstrong Memorial Award
- Leadership Development Certificate
- William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award
- University of Florida, B.A., Political Science, cum laude, 2012
- Alpha Chi Omega
Professional and Civic
- C.H. Ferguson - M.E. White American Inn of Court
- Junior League of Tampa
- The Florida Bar Appellate Practice Section
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2022 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, The Best Lawyers in America®, 8.19.21
- Shutts Appellate Team Participates in the Federalist Society’s Florida Young Lawyers Chapter Inaugural SummitEvent, Tampa, 6.29.21
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, 8.20.20
- Event, 3.3.20