Jack McElroy is the firmwide Managing Partner of Shutts & Bowen LLP. He also serves on the firm’s Executive Committee.
Jack is a commercial litigator with more than 30 years of experience representing clients in a wide variety of business disputes. His representative clients include large, national financial institutions; one of the world’s largest entertainment companies; a statewide health care organization; national and statewide property management companies; and numerous closely held entities.
Jack represents clients at all levels of state and federal courts throughout Florida and also has extensive federal court experience outside of Florida.
His primary areas of practice are:
- contract disputes;
- lender liability defense;
- commercial landlord/tenant litigation;
- real estate related litigation;
- business torts;
- commercial collections and replevins;
- commercial mortgage foreclosures;
- general lender representation;
- bankruptcy litigation;
- partnership disputes; and
- shareholder disputes.
A Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Rated attorney, Jack is consistently listed as one of the top lawyers in the nation by Best Lawyers in America®. He has also been recognized among Florida Trend Magazine’s “Legal Elite,” Orlando Home and Leisure Magazine’s “Top Orlando Lawyers,” and included in Orlando Magazine’s list of “The Best Lawyers in Orlando.”
While Jack is fully prepared to litigate in court on behalf of his clients when necessary, he is also able to suggest opportunities to negotiate favorable settlements for his clients to avoid costly litigation. When the stakes are high, he is the team leader to whom his clients turn.
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D., 1989
- Florida State University, B.S., 1985
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- All State Courts in Florida
Professional and Civic
- The Florida Bar
- Business Law Section
- Orange County Bar Association
News & Insights
News & Speaking Engagements
- Firm News, 7.12.21
- Article, Forbes, Orlando, 3.9.21
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Listed in Best Lawyers in America® 2021 Edition; 6 Attorneys Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year’Recognition, 8.20.20
- Recognition, 5.13.20
- Shutts & Bowen Attorneys Selected for Inclusion in Best Lawyers in America 2020; 8 Partners Selected as 'Lawyer of the Year'Recognition, 8.15.19
- Article, 8.15.18
- Article, 4.3.18
- Article, 8.21.17
- Recognition, 8.16.16
- Recognition, 6.23.16
- Recognition, 6.28.15
- Article, 8.18.14
- Article, 8.15.13